Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Back Up Plan

Last night, I watched The Back Up Plan, with Jennifer Lopez and Alex O'Loughlin. (He sort of reminded me of Jesse Bradford.) 
J.Lo is a woman who has given up on finding the right guy and decided having kids was most important to her, so she goes and gets inseminated. As fate would have it, she meets Stan (O'Loughlin) that very same day, and cue the romantic comedy insanity. 
I thought this movie was cute - I really liked actor Alex O'Loughlin (or maybe I liked looking at him?) because he was not a huge star. His character came across as a genuine guy, though I'm not sure in real life a guy in his situation would act the same! 


There were some odd parts to the movie, such as the single mother's support group and the home birth one of them has. Jennifer Lopez's character was a bit eccentric, and annoying. I can't take J.Lo's acting for very long. I feel like she has played this personality before, specifically in The Wedding Planner.

This was a cute scene, though I'm not sure this EXACT scene was actually in the movie. 

Overall, it was a cute, rainy night Romantic comedy. I might watch it again if it was ever on TV and I was bored, but it's not one for the collection. 

No comments: