Friday, April 24, 2009

End of the week venting

Yesterday, I was frustrated. I found myself in situations that were mildly annoying, and then just obnoxious. One problem was having to witness the following: when dealing with people, sometimes you learn how to talk to them to get what you want, or how to get them to understand what you want without having to come right out and say it. What frustrates me is when people say one thing, and clearly have an agenda, but deny it .2 seconds later and get mad. Seriously??

Example : you are trying to get an answer on something and ask a leading question.*
You: Are we going to watch the movie closer to 7pm?
[Awkward pause from the people who aren't exactly sure what you want to hear] "Yes."
You: Oooookay. (under your breath to whoever is around) No, we won't but whatever. I don't care either way, but I'm worried we won't start around 7pm.

Clearly, you have a preference for something - just speak up!

It's really more time consuming and frustrating to behave this way, no?



*not the actual example of what happened, but sometimes we have to change the facts bc you never know who reads this.

No comments: