Thursday, December 11, 2008

Start me up

I woke up today because I heard someone on the stairs* and looked at the clock telling me it was 7:30. F. I should have already been in the car! So, I get up, get ready and leave by 8 a.m. – and should hopefully be at work by 8:45 – 9 if all goes well. All did not go well.
I got about a mile from the house, and look down at my gas gauge – damn, I need gas. The next thought – oh crap, I never took my wallet out of my other bag last night. So – I turn around and go home bc I don’t want to get stranded in Canton or anywhere else in between tonight. (At this point, we can add 7-10 minutes to my trip.)
8:25 – at the gas station. I get back in the car and smell gas. It followed me into the car – probably on my rain boots, hopefully not on the bottom of my pants.**Then, I hit super fun traffic getting onto 93, and get through the tunnel at 8:45. I call my mom bc who else would listen to my ridiculousness? She seconds the notion that staying in bed would have been a better option, and sends her best wishes that my day improves, and I was in a better mood after talking to her.
I get to work by 9:05 – so not a huge deal, but not when I like to show up.
All in all – not a horrible morning, but a pretty hectic start. In the grand scheme of things, life could be MUCH worse. Next time I wake up and think, I should stay in bed, I might just do it.

*thankfully we have wood stairs and multiple people in the house to wake me up when I turn off my alarm.
**I worried about this the entire ride to work. . what would I have done if my pants smelled like gas all day??

3 comments:

Heather M said...

one time at the gas station, i pulled the hose off the gas thing and it had some gas in it and i sprayed the gas pump, myself, the ground, and the car. it was awesome.

KMV said...

That is pretty amazing. hopefully you were headed home and not to work.

Anonymous said...

I honestly think i have the hardest time getting out of bed in the morning. It's like I'm a different person that just doesn't care what time it is or if I have to be at work. Once I'm late to work (as usual) I am mad at my early morning self for not getting out of bed....my boyfriend even says I am a total horror in the morning. He won't even talk to me!