Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What I learned today from spell checker

In an email today, I wrote 'let me know' but didn't leave a space between me and know, so spell check picked up 'meknow' and suggested 'Mekong'. Of course, I had to google it.

The Mekong River is one of the world’s major rivers. It is the 12th-longest river in the world, and 7th longest in Asia. (discharging 475 km3/114 cu mi of water annually).
Its estimated length is 4,350 km (2,703 mi), and it drains an area of 795,000 km2 (307,000 sq mi).[1] From the Tibetan Plateau it runs through China's Yunnan province, Burma, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam.
All except China and Burma belong to the Mekong River Commission. A South Asian regional association, Mekong-Ganga Cooperation is named after this river. The extreme seasonal variations in flow and the presence of rapids and waterfalls have made navigation extremely difficult.

You're welcome for your geography lesson.

No comments: