Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day is the new Thanksgiving


This weekend I went home to CT for Mother's Day. I don't really miss home or Milford much, but in the spring/summer when it is nice out on the weekends, all I want is to do head to my favorite hometown bar and enjoy lunch and a drink on the deck. Luckily, it was nice enough to do so Saturday. I had lunch with my parents, then my dad and I stayed to enjoy some Sam Summer Ale and Guinness.

After dinner with the fam at Sage in New Haven, I met up with two of my favorite h.s. friends - Jake and Meghan. There was an unexpected high school reunion on Saturday night, which was sort of fun - considering I was only planning to see 2 friends that night. People from JLHS* that I literally have not seen in at least 2 years, if not 5. Typically I dread the impromptu reunion - which is easy to find at any Milford bar, but this time it wasn't too bad. You never know what you will run into when you go home...
Sunday - I had a great girly mother/daughter day - nail appt. in the morning, shopping, lunch, then the 2.5 hr ride home. Well worth the trip!



*JLHS - Jonathan Law High School

No comments: