Friday, January 7, 2011

Evaluation



Here were my 2010 goals - Let's see how I did. 

In no particular order...
- Read more. So far that means Shakespere (bc I haven't read much of it), and books from the GG list.   FAIL. I bought some Shakespere books, but didn't read anything from the GG list. 


- Learn the Presidents. In order. Mostly because I feel dumb not knowing most of them, or when they were in office.  FAIL. I completely forgot about this until today.



- Learn at least one song on the guitar. I know, I know - this has been a goal for the past TWO years. This time, I mean it. And Scott plays so I have access to a real guitar. (and someone who can play) FAIL. Ok, I'm a slacker. 2011 is about DOING not wishing. I mean, it's ok to wish for some things, like winning the lotto. But not ok to wish to not be lazy. Just don't be lazy. I got a guitar for Christmas (Thanks Scott!!) and I'm fired up and ready to learn. (Yes Heather, the goal is still to learn Edelweiss by Christmas!!) 

- Be better with $. Pay things off. Save money. Stop buying things I don't need. I'll give myself 1/2 credit on this. I made some aggressive payments on some credit cards so I'm close to paying off those. I will have no car payment soon, and hopefully I can do fun things w/ tax money and not pay bills. I still spend money I don't need to sometimes, but I'm working on it. I'm a sucker for draft beer, and Target. And Archie's wings. Oh and gas money :( 


- Be more consistent at going to the gym and reach personal goals. I know, we tried this last year, but then hit a bit of a snafu. Instead of a FAIL, I'll give myself a SLACK. 2010 was lazy. I enjoyed myself. I drank wine, drank beer, relaxed. Too much. I'm paying for it now with the physical disgust I have with myself. So, no excuses..  



-Blog more. I have lots to say but just don't post it. Sometimes I just don't feel like it, so this is a fluid goal.


2011 goals coming soon! 

No comments: