Friday, October 8, 2010

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

In honor of what would be John Lennon's 70th birthday (10/9/10), Google UK  put up their first video doodle.
I'm sure most of you who read this know, I have a great love of all things Beatles. I knew who they were, knew some songs but didn't think too much about it until I was in 8th grade. I met a friend who LOVED them as much as I soon would. We played their songs over and over, wore Beatles tshirts, and even played songs too fast on the record player, laughing til it hurt at how funny John and Paul sounded like chipmunks. To this day, Beatles songs are my go to on a bad, or good mood. 
I watched Chapter 27 which is about Mark David Chapman, the guy who murdered Lennon. It was really creepy. Chapman was psychotic, and obsessed w/ Lennon. It is incredibly sad that such a talented artist was taken so early. Anyway. The google video is below. 

Also - Yoko Ono is on Twitter. @YokoOno -  On John Lennon's birthday Oct9th 8pmGMT let's tweet 1 million wishes to @IPTower. Watch live http://imaginepeacetower.com

No comments: