Friday, November 23, 2012

Turkeys

Thanksgiving was pretty good this year. I missed the entire crew from the '11 turkey trot - but powered through with my dad and Scott. I'm wary of the timing though. My gps tracked me at 36 min for 3.49 miles not 3.1 but maybe I was slow? The timing matched my finish line time so who knows. I'm definitely doing a jingle bell 5k to get a new best time this fall.

After the trot we had breakfast and started to prep food for the day. On the menu:
Apps-
- zucchini boats
- cheese and crackers
- spinach dip

Dinner -
- turkey
- turnips
- mashed potatoes
- sweet potato soufflé
- corn (w cilantro, cumin and scallions)
- asparagus (w almonds and garlic)

Dessert-
Apple and pumpkin pie


Deeeeelish!

I'm thankful for the fabulous friends and family in my life and look forward to a festive holiday season complete with a broadway show and visit from Heather and Erik!

No comments: