Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Week 1

Ok, so Scott and I decided we are doing the Madison Turkey Trot again.  It is a 5 mile run on Thanksgiving day. Instead of barely training and hoping I don't die during the run, I am going to train for this. I looked up a couch to 5 miler in 10 weeks program and found one that seems pretty simple to follow. I created a document to track what I do by week. Below is the week one formula. Last night I did a 2 mile run/walk. I know it says one mile, but this is COUCH (i.e. no working out, no physical activity) to 5 miles, so I figure why not try to start out with what I can do. 

Week 1:
Walk 1/2 lap, then jog 1/2 lap, walk a half, jog a half for 1 mile.
You will alternate jogging & running 8 times (4 each) and complete 4 full laps, that's exactly 1 mile.
Now no matter how good you feel, go home.
Do this 4 to 6 days a week. Never less than 4 days or more than 6 days weekly.

Su - 9/5

M- 9/6

T- 9/7

W- 9/8

TH- 9/9

F – 9/10

S – 9/11

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



1 comment:

Jen Nemi said...

how'd week 2 and 3 go? when i was trying to get myself back in running shape i ran however many miles then walked at least 2 miles after. takes lots of time , but it worked!